Board of Management
The Board of Management is appointed for a period of three years and supports the principles of:
- Inclusiveness, particularly with reference to the enrolment of children with a disability or other special educational needs.
- Equality of access and particpation in school.
- Parental involvement as being a major partner. The school has a very active Parent’s Association.
- Respect for the diversity of values, beliefs, traditions, languages and ways of life in society, indeed presently there are children from over 30 different nationalities in our school.
Structure of the Board. A ‘Core Board’ consisting of :
- two nominees of the patron
- two parents elected from parents of students attending the school – one mother, one father
- one staff member elected by the school staff
- the school Principal, appointed ex officio.
The ‘Core Board’ must then unanimously appoint
- two members from the wider community.
Our Current Board of Management
||Bishops Nominee (Chairperson)
June 2019 Board of Management Update