On Thursday 22nd June, the children and staff of SFX JNS CELEBRATED! Many school wide goals have been achieved and the children have worked incredibly hard all year. There was plenty to celebrate:
1. Our Amazing Green Schools Committee won the Fourth Green Flag for Transport. Well done to all in the school community for joining forces and Walking on Wednesdays.
2. ISPCC Shield Status was awarded once again for our continued work with the Shield Anti-Bullying Programme. Huge appreciation is due to the great work of our Shield Team and all of the children who act as our Kindness Monitors all year round.
3. SFI Curious Minds Silver STEM Award (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths, STEM Showcase).
4. We have proudly completed our two-year cycle of Autism Awareness in partnership with AsIAm.
5. We retain our Active School Flag status and huge thanks to the Active Agents in 2nd class.
6. Department of Education Incidental Inspection Tuesday 13th June 2023: Schools receive no notice for an incidental inspection and it involves observation of teaching and learning, school planning, Child Safeguarding and Anti-bullying policies. The DE Inspector visited a senior infant class, a first class and a special education setting. Staff were commended for their knowledge of curriculum and range of pedagogical skills, planning, active learning environments, assessment and their effortless classroom management. Children were noted to have the necessary skills for learning and achieving quality learner outcomes. Overall, the inspector noted a very collaborative and hardworking staff culture. She noted that the children were cared for, respected, appreciated and valued in the school.
As part of the Day of Celebrations, the children raised our Green Flag, took part in dancing and science experiments and enjoyed the amazing magic show with magician, Joe Daly. Check out our photos here!
Copyright 2016 nicdark.com